Candidate initiatives should be realized through collaboration among at least 3 different organizations active in the following areas: social, economics, public and private, institutions, science and technology. The Parties of the initiatives should name one as Lead Applicant.
The Lead Applicant should belong to one of the following categories:
- Governments (including bilateral aid agencies), local authorities/bodies, public agencies and their associations;
- Inter-governmental organizations and international agencies;
- Civil society organizations or networks (NGOs, associations, public or private foundations);
- Business community (SMEs, large enterprises, micro/social enterprises and their associations);
- Research and academic bodies;
- Public-private partnerships.